Monday 19 August 2019

You are as rare as Unicorns

A gentleman I was chatting with, grinned and shook his head, "you're a breath of fresh air, you are. As rare as a unicorn, don't ever lose it, its wonderful and so refreshing."
I'm not used to such complimentary words but I took them gracefully.
"Thank you," I replied with obvious surprise in my voice, "somehow, after all these years of irreverence I can't see me changing." I laughed, but inside I was thinking how silent I had fallen, how the Monica Tension had sluffed off into her own world leaving the shell behind.
However, it got me thinking, if I'm considered a unicorn what are others?
If I remember rightly the unicorn was responsible for the magic in the world of make-believe and when the unicorn died so did the magic.
If that's the case, I wonder what magic dies with me?
My irreverent humour, the quips, the perspective on life which is, I must agree, not what one would call "usual". I'm being generous here, more would use the terms odd, weird, crazy, sick and just down right *@#!*.
I view the world differently from those around, yes, but that just makes my voice more unique.....doesn't it?
Ok, I thought, you want my view on the world to come out? Not allow the magic to die? Ok, let the magic begin and let Monica and I come together.
Anarchist? No, I leave that to Ems. Revolutionary? No, that's for the young who have the energy to change the world. Reactionary? No, I certainly don't bother reacting to petty ignorance, no, I view the world through the eyes of someone who really has lived it all before, more a visionary who's waiting for some pillock to press down the little whooshie finger (as in Kung Fu Panda) and make the whole world go dooosh.

No comments:

Post a Comment