Monday 20 November 2023

A morning stroll, a cooling swim

We arrived in La Gomera at 8am precisely. By 8:45am the first three coach trips were leaving so as to make the most of the day.
I disembarked and went for a walk through town. I was keen to see just how much had changed since my last visit.
Did we stop at La Gomera last year? I cant remember but one thing is clear, the small, sleepy fishing village has woken up.
Two ferries service the island, one of which leaves at 8am with the commuters. As Tenerife is but a stones throw away I would suggest many are heading there.
View across to Tenerife from one of the two more secluded bays.

My first aim was to follow the main roads up through the town. It was early and few had opened but I could still see the changes.
The main arterial street is now one way and much quieter. The buildings are the same it's the shops which have changed.
The old making way for the new. Many of the old traditional places were derelict when I can last time so I wasn't surprised to see them go.
From the port you enter the town of San Sebastian through the archway. The large marina is to the left.

Having enjoyed a good wander and a nose I headed toward the town beach, stripped off and went for a dip in the sea. Wonderful. I sat and dried off then putting on one of my boobtube sundresses sat and enjoyed the quiet.
It was only when people from the ship began to make their way into the town that I decided it was time to return.
Just some of the marina but I took this because the ferry was just leaving to return to Tenerife.
Its a long wander back past the marina which appears full.
As I meandered back towards customs control I past the catamaran high speed version of the inter island guaguas (or bus service).




No comments:

Post a Comment