Sunday 19 November 2023

An afternoon of r + r

It just had to be done a few hours at the pool on deck 12 then back to the cabin to finish drying the boobtube dress I soaked this morning. 
I'd washed it through before I went for lunch knowing it would drip away in the shower cubicle. I then ate, had a pleasant chat with a gentleman I met on the first night and keep bumping into, then stripped off and went in the pool.
Loads of people had the same idea so it was a case of in whilst fairly empty, out when really busy. Nevertheless I had fun but by 4pm was happy to get back to the cabin for a cup of tea and get that sundress dry outside.
As you can imagine, the rest of the day was spent happily paddling about 'busy doing very little' just watching the world go by and contemplating picking up my book.
The temperature is already peaking at 29°C which, in the Canaries, is a fierce and burning sun.
Right, off to the library but first another tea. 
Whilst I was out I spotted this plant in flower. Never seen it flowering before..
Reminded me of an hydrangea but when you look at the stem and the fleshy nature of the leaves 🤷‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment