Monday 27 November 2023

Cloudy but warm: a typical Tenerife day

Clouds hung heavy threatening to rain but the temperature was already creeping over 24°C.
A nice day even though light levels were poor.
I waited until around 9:30am before I got off. It seemed easier to let those on trips leave first and then I could catch a shuttle into town and walk from there.
I wandered for about 3 hours coming across areas I'd failed to register before. The hearts show stopping points where I was getting my bearings.
A hidden back street. Much of the pain is peeling off but it carries a charm which captured my imagination.
I've been here before......but it was on a coach and we barely acknowledged it. A fabulous park, full of trees, cactii, exotics and of course, parakeets.
An unknown square with an amazing frontier to presumably a church. Seemed to be derelict.
Just a little bit of gold and silver! The ornate central altar in their main basilica.
Outside, a new take on Christmas lights - a complete fake blossom tree.
Another square filled with beautiful gardens and statues. Loved this one. They are all looking towards the one shown below.
The boss I presume?











No comments:

Post a Comment