Sunday 19 November 2023

"Buenos dias" Its like coming home.

We docked early. The Italian ship had raced to get in first and from what I've heard, like many other nations, we let them. I asked one of our guys if their docking was as 'interesting' as their HGV driving was. He laughed and replied, "absolutely!"
I'm sitting amongst the orange trees in an Avenida listening to the chatter of birds, the clink of breakfast coffee cups and the La Palma spanish.
Yes, so good to be home. I adore Spain in all its guises 

I spent a happy hour or two on the beach. I stood in the sea looking back toward land, allowing the warmth of the sun to ease my back.
Without warning a wave slapped me up the bottom! I was soaked. I'm so glad I'd taken my dress off and was standing in a boob tube sundress. 
I turned to the sea and grinned; cheeky bugger!
The next 30 minutes were spent standing, dripping as I waited for said sundress to dry enough to put the dress back over the top.
Had to laugh. Just one rogue wave. Mind you, the water was so warm.
I wandered along the sea front to the far edges of the town and then strolled back along the Calle Dr. PĂ©rez Camacho looking for a packet of plasters of all things. 
I now sport Mickey mouse plasters on my toe - sweet.
Being Sunday little was open save the souvenir shops out to catch the two cruise ships passengers, so having walked the length of the calle I headed back to the ship.
Two things called, well three actually; a decent cup of tea, some shade around the pool and lunch. Happy days.
Wandering back through customs. Really laid back here.


No comments:

Post a Comment