Thursday 23 November 2023

The norovirus strikes the ship

The ship has the winter vomiting virus on board and some passengers have fallen foul of it. As you can imagine, the captain is keen to nip it in the bud so almost back to covid style living; library closed, pools restricted, hand washing compulsory before entering the restaurants......etc....etc
I'm fine and anticipate staying that way but have pushed things a bit too hard so my neck is really sore from playing in the pool, my eyes hurts from all that reading and my ankle hurts, well it probably didn't want to be left out of the equation. 
We've arrived at Porto Priai and I'm more than happy to stay on board. My memories of this place are not brilliant and I didnt exactly enjoy the island so I'd rather stay put, take care of my aching body and watch the world go by.
It's going to be a hot one, in excess of 30°C so wandering about would be a but too much. Might go onto the promenade deck later but happy to hide away on my balcony for now.
Today was ship's company drill, the full works.
BOB or body over board was rescued, passengers stranded by fire, shown the way out, crew at all muster points and various alarms going off with different codes.
One group stood on deck 6 waiting to load people onto ducks whilst others checked cabins etc. 
A full drill.
I asked one crew member who told me they do this every week so their roles become second nature.
Good idea.



No comments:

Post a Comment