Wednesday 15 November 2023

Day 2 at sea and the weather was bad

I do love our captain.
He came over the tannoy at lunchtime today, all bright and breezy to give us a weather update. 
Yes, we'd fought the worst of the storm and even with all four engines working at maximum thrust, we were already five hours behind schedule. 
Happy days.
"Not to worry" he said, "we've been in negotiations with Funchal and we'll arrive at midday instead of 08:30, stay overnight and then have the morning, the following morning if you get me. We've also negotiated best berth at the harbour, so we're really close into the town, which is nice."
So, we are doing an overnight in Madeira, bonus I say.
Rest of day? Well I can write it now. I'm back in the Library on a chaise longe about to devour book number two on the Kindle.
Yesterday's book was brilliant and I have high hopes for this one too.
Oh, and yes, already visited the sauna.

No comments:

Post a Comment