Tuesday 21 November 2023

At sea with lots of reading

What would I do without a good book? Having read 3 already on our last set of sea days, I'm almost through another and intrigued by its sequel (which I have waiting in the wings).
I did spend most of the morning in the library but the bridge people came to take over the large card room, the art group leavered their way onto the tables and a large group of crafters took over the other end.
Peace was broken, my concentration, questionable and my desire to stay where I was, removed.
A quick chat with a couple I've got to know, I then headed back to my cabin. Recharging the tablet, I enjoyed a cup of tea and watched the gently rolling sea as it past.
It's really warm even though its heavily overcast. The horizon is fuzzy from haze but unlike the UK waters, its lazy waves do little to upset a very smooth sail.
We've past a couple of deep sea yachts sitting languid in the water. Either sleeping, fishing or perhaps eating with no desire to move; both had their sails down.
So this will be the next two days; sleeping, eating, resting, reading and listening to my music downloads. Oh, and some sauna, hydrotherapy and a swim on the Lido deck. 
Such a hard life...... but someone's gotten do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment