Thursday 30 November 2023

Meandering further in Cadiz

The sights and smells of the market were superb and made me realise I was getting hungry.
I fondly remembered the Hiperdino in Arrecife and their gorgeous apple turnovers......yum. No luck today, I'd have to wait until I was back on the ship for that.
So, wandering once more I chose a different alleyway to follow. It looked like one I'd not done so.....
I ended up at the Cathedral of Cadiz. Wasnt expecting that to pop up.
It was 7€ to go in so I did. 
Amazing interior. 
The number of local families who paid for various chapels was also an eye opener. Buying their way into heaven perhaps?
I took this of the main altar. Very lovely but still prefer the simple ones in places like Puerto de la Cruz de Tenerife or the very small one dedicated to the fishermen in La Gomera.
Having spent a very happy hour in there I came out, chose a different alleyway and meandered along that one.
It spat me out on the ramparts, not far from the Baluarte de la Candelaria and its associated gardens.
Sadly my cold was still affecting me and the headache was coming back with avengance. 
Strolling along the ramparts and then across the main square, I wandered back to the ship, glad to be able to take some paracetamol and grab some lunch, albeit late.
Think they were showing their skill set to students. Stalls and bouncy castles plus class groups of 16/17 year olds were floating in the vicinity. 




No comments:

Post a Comment