Saturday 12 March 2022

And so the end is nigh...

Last and final day and another night of testing the joints. 
One of the lifeboats started to lose its covers and they flapped like loose sails, aluminium cupboard doors in the service sectors clattered with a rhythmic banging and the mirror on my wall flexed in annoyance at being forced into unusual movements. 
I slept through it all only rising to go to the loo and then slipped back into deep sleep, rocked by the waves as they slapped the hull. It was a lively night.
So today its passenger locator form checking (done and amended), departure number collection (should be delivered now hopefully) and covid pass finding (yep, with passport), then finalising packing (almost done already), finish reading my book and just enjoying my last day of being spoilt.
It's been a superb two weeks, the only quibble I have is it was only two weeks, I would have liked two days in Honningsvåg as well as Alta and Tromsø.
There's another cruise which goes to Svalbard as well which looks interesting. That's 22 days I think, and takes you even further north. I'd like that.
So, that's it. Next posting will be in a few days once I'm home and settled, then I'll start going through the photography and see what I've got. So until then, thanks for reading 💝


No comments:

Post a Comment