Friday 11 March 2022

On our way home to UK

I had a feeling the night would be impressive and it was. Seams, doors and drawers were stress tested once more and although we were punching straight into the waves, every now and then a shudder would rock me awake.
Less objects fell mainly because the crew had lashed everything down but aluminium somethings could be heard clattering somewhere close by.
My patio doors had reached crescendo pitch and sang a loud song at me; in the end I ignored it and slept well.
Dawn broke at around 07.30 and we have been blessed with almost blue skies so far all morning.
I have just finished a very enjoyable wander up and down the decks from 5 up to 12 looking at art work and open doors to back room activities.
When the cleanliness back stairs is the same as front of stairs I am impressed.
It's going to be a quiet day and the sea is less volatile now. I am beginning to think of packing and memories of days past.
This has been a wonderful experience and I will repeat it but there's another cruise which goes even higher into the Arctic 🥰 so ..... maybe 2024. 
I think 2023 will be a longer cruise of warmer climes but watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment