Tuesday 8 March 2022

Hot bedding a berth, then off...

I was more than surprised to wake this morning, open the curtains and see Alta bathed in glorious sunlight.
Two reasons really, one, it was bathed in sunlight and two, we were still berthed. I thought we were due to leave at some point in the night.
Whatever the reason I watched with a smile as a Viking cruise ship came into port and had to wait for is to shift ourselves, which we did silently at around 07.30 this morning.
I took the opportunity to go back to my cabin and collect my washing for the second time this trip and get in quick whilst the driers were still available. 
I have two talks to attend today, one on the myths and legends surrounding star constellations and the other using a free app to edit pictures. So off to do some Spanish and then...
Lunch was a Viking experience with some of the crew dressed in the expected war-like Viking garb and did what sounded like a haka with odd bits 😊 weird but fun. The looks on people's faces as the lift doors opened though was a peach.
Whilst at lunch I saw the pilot boat draw alongside and we said goodbye to Norway for now as we head out into the shipping lanes. We're expected in Kristiansund in about 36 hours so, rest of today and tonight (hope it's not too choppy) and then berth up in port.
I've signed up for the Bluenose Ceremony tomorrow; just hope its after I get back...

No comments:

Post a Comment