Wednesday 9 March 2022

Neptune, he says, "yes"

That was a laugh. We all gathered in the large lounge at the stern called the Britannia and watched as various crew came in dressed as Neptune, his wife Neptuna and the 'master of ceremonies' dressed in a black cloak. 
We all filed forward and presented with a very large glass of Viking vodka (shame I don't drink anymore) and a mask with a blue nose stapled to it. The speeches someone wrote were very funny and made the show. It's not something I would normally do but this time ...
The images of ice baths, buckets and icicles faded into a warm oblivion as I accepted my mask, put it in place and had a photo taken on my phone.
It's a day of awards; the crew are receiving theirs for outstanding service today so I'll be going back up for that at 5pm.
Meanwhile a camomile tea and one of their excellent pastries.
Ooh that was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment