Wednesday 2 March 2022

All the right notes....

With a deepening depression coming east from Iceland the captain came to the sensible conclusion we would change destination point and stop 100 nautical miles short of Kristiansund, where we were originally heading, and go to Alesund instead.
As he said, "in the immortal words of Eric Morecambe, we will be doing all the right ports but just not necessarily in the right order..."
It's been a lot more sunny today but the swell has been increasing. I'm finding it rather difficult to get about as this ankle isn't up to the minutiae of movements needed to maintain balance.
As you can gather it's a second day at sea and having done my Spanish homework (determined not to lose an over 450 day streak) I headed outside for a wander round the deck.
The sun was very welcome and if you could find a sheltered spot somewhere, there was just a glimmer of warmth in it.
It's a formal night tonight where people dress up. Yuk, I'm going for room service, but first, I think I am going in hunt of afternoon tea. Didnt have lunch so could do with a bit of something to get me through to about 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment