Thursday 3 March 2022

Deep sea "train spotting"

Deep sea and full steam ahead but not making the progress one would expect; the wind and swell knocks a few notts off our progress and Alta is proving tough to reach.
The pilots won't take us into port even if we arrive early, so as yet, all trips are shifted and clashes ensue.
I was going to do two trips but now it's a case of do one and walk into town in the morning. 
It looks both small and interesting on the map with a few tourist places, museums etc, gift shops and of course, a supermarket or two.
The ship is putting on shuttle buses which is good so I can save my ankle energy for the town not just the walk there and back with no pleasure in between. 
One thing which pleases me is I am able to continue my lessons streak in Spanish 😊 and now I'm up to 467 days straight! I really don't want to lose that now do I? The ship's WIFI is very good even though the band width is narrow.
I'm just inside from whale spotting and getting ready to wander along to a talk on the Northern lights. We saw about 14 or so whales and a small flock of gannets. Must be good fishing round here.
So, interesting talk, followed by refuge in the library ... along with everyone else by the looks of it!! Then back to the Playhouse for a talk on photographing the northern lights and then a quick brush up then dinner.
Met up with a really lovely couple who had an apartment in Cala Honda. We had loads of places in common and many memories to relive. It was wonderful to listen to their infectious excitement. 
So, now it's just gone 10pm and I'm happy to be in bed. 
Off the ship tomorrow and have a look around a town I've not ventured to before. Am looking forward to it but all this sitting around has worn me out.
Sleep tight, and I'll catch you in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment