Monday 28 March 2022

Totally mind blowing

 

It took about an hour I think to get there and I have no idea where we were, the app on my phone failed to show the place, but then I found out later this is one of the 'no internet connection' areas in this part of the world.

So we arrived and it was chilly but beautifully dark. We had already been told about night sight, flashes on cameras and screen brightness which most took note of but of course there is always one I promise you.

Ice was on the ground and I promise you, it was cold. I was glad of the gloves I bought and my thermal hat kept the heat in beautifully.


 The stars were incredible and slowly the lights came out to play. Sara, one of the organisers, took all these photographs on her well wrapped and snug camera with a shutter speed slowed to about 3 seconds. Next time I will my do my camera settings before I go and I will wrestle with a tripod on boarding, its worth it.


Do wish I could concentrate o having a photo taken rather than how she is taking the photo!! The lights started to ribbon within about 30 minutes of us being there and slowly these ribbons got larger and more numerous. At one point the whole sky was alight with ribbons of this soft grey-green light which was translucent; still being able to see the stars through them - eerie indeed. How our ancestors must have viewed them.






It was at this time she turned her camera and we see a glimpse of where we went to warm up and get hot chocolate, oh yes, and the all important loo ... strange how cold works on the bladder!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment